Life changing differences I’ve noticed since starting dog agility
- Peanut butter and cheese are encouraged.
- The equipment is pretty basic. You know how a tunnel works. There are no weights.
- All shapes, sizes, and abilities are welcome–from Chihuahua to Great Dane.
- No one stares at you in a room full of dogs.
- Barking drowns out your heavy breathing.
- When you get tired, you can just say, “My dog needs water.”
- Someone will probably check out your butt, but they are likely a dog.
Related reading: How dog agility allows me to exercise with mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS), and dysautonomia